If you feel unfocused and scattered, like your energy is heading in 14 different directions at one time … and at the end of the day, you feel like you haven’t accomplished what you set out to or gotten ahead, then this process will be especially helpful for you.
TRUTH: You don’t need more energy or more hours in the day. What you need is to spend your energy a little (or perhaps a lot) differently.
The key is creating a new level of awareness: of where your ENERGY is going.
So rather than yet another attempt at sharpening your time management skills, it’s time for a different approach. One that can create lasting change.
It starts with getting honest and really taking notice of where each and every morsel of your Daily Energy Budget is currently being spent. From this new level of awareness, you can then get strategic about how and where you spend your precious energy.
In the coaching world, such energetic sink holes are what’s often referred to as Tolerations. Tolerations are those things that you put up with that distract you from your deepest dreams and truest priorities. They are energy “zaps” or things that drain your energy. They are the things that bug you, that use up valuable time, and that sap your enthusiasm and strength.
Everything you are tolerating, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem, is an expenditure of your precious energy.
The bad news: If you’re feeling scattered and tired, you’re tolerating too much.
The good news: One at a time, tolerations can be eliminated!
You CAN become a “Toleration-Free Zone”.
Becoming a “Toleration-Free Zone” starts with what may seem counterintuitive. It’s time to let the complaints and annoyances that you might be hiding or ignoring, be at the forefront of your awareness because ignoring them does not mean they aren’t impacting you. In honor of your bigger mission, purpose, and dreams, it’s time to decided that they simply won’t be tolerated anymore!
In deciding to handle the things you are tolerating, you free up time and energy to devote to a higher quality of life.
Sometimes the underlying source of continued tolerations is a way of avoiding taking full responsibility for particular circumstances in your life, but this is, in large part, what is holding you back from achieving your goals.
It’s common to tolerate a lot. Often, we’re taught not to complain, that life is difficult, not to rock the boat, to go along with others, to be grateful for what we have, to be understanding. This is not bad advice, but you can still choose how to spend your precious energy and stop tolerating!
When you tolerate:
- You and your work/life become mediocre, tired, uninspired.
- Your natural creativity is squashed.
- You often feel resigned, frustrated, and/or overwhelmed.
When you stop tolerating:
- You become happier and more fun to be around.
- You become a model for others about what’s possible.
- You grow more quickly because you are not distracted or weighed down.
- You have energy to express and LIVE your values, joys, pleasures, gifts…
- You excel because your behavior and focus reflect your priorities.
6 Steps To A Toleration-Free Life
- “Get” that you putting up with things is good for no one.
- Identify 100 things you are tolerating.
- Select 10 items to begin eliminating.
- Make the requests/take the actions to eliminate these items.
- Set new standards for yourself so as not to take on more tolerations.
- Repeat steps 1-5 until you are toleration-free!
You have better things to do than tolerate!
==> Creating and living a Toleration-free life is a skill, and one you can learn.
==> Every toleration is fixable and a coach can support this powerful process.
==> Tolerations tend to keep you from growing and experiencing a sense of ease and flow in your life.
The cost of tolerating is kind of like what financial advisors refer to as the “Latte Factor”: how the seemingly insignificant expense of a daily cup of coffee adds up to a significant sum of money over the course of years.
Energetic expenses add up too! Everything you tolerate, no matter how small, is an expenditure of your precious energy.
It’s so easy to:
- Become accustomed to tolerating the energy-consuming parts of our daily lives.
- Not even notice how much these tolerations cost us each and every day
- To become unaware of how much control we actually have over whether or not they continue to eat up our energy.
You CAN create a renewed sense of purpose and pride in your day as well as an increase in comfort and confidence as you move along your path. Doing this sets you up so that when “life happens”…when the unexpected happens…your dreams won’t fall through the cracks. You’ll be able to easily adapt to what’s happening and feel confident that your dreams will be strong and supported and on track, not matter what. An investment in reclaiming your energy is an investment in creating and living the life of your dreams.
Your Next Step:
If you are ready to stop tolerating and powerfully reclaim your precious energy, support in this process makes all the difference. As my GIFT to you, claim a complimentary Dream Discovery tele-session today.